I think I am a clean freak, or a germ freak whatever you want to call it.
Last week I had the guys from Ikea coming over to deliver Bubu’s new bed, so exciting!
One of the guys who was delivering the bed, as soon as he stepped in, asked me if he could use the loo.
With a forced smile I said “Yes… of course…” And I started to freak out.
Everyone knows that men always forget to wash their hands after going to the loo so I was horrified by the idea of this man touching my bathroom door handle, then touching the handle of my daughter’s bedroom and the main door. HORRIFIED…
As soon as he came out of the loo and went to assemble the bed in Bee’s room, I rushed to the kitchen, put the gloves on and grabbed a sponge and some bleach. Then I quickly disinfected the loo and all handles PLUS rapidly mopped the floor as he didn’t take his shoes off (usuallly I ask everyone who comes in the flat to take shoes off but they were going in and out so I felt bad for once).
Do I have OCD? Maybe, but I’m a firm believer that hygiene is more important than being tidy, in fact if I am really tired I don’t particulary care if the house is messy as long as I know that it’s clean and germ free 🙂
Please DO judge me on this and leave a comment as it would be interesting to understand if I am a clean freak or actually just hate getting sick lol
Few things I do daily and I think are pretty normal:
- wash my hands when I arrive home (normal right?)
- take my shoes off as soon as I enter my flat
- if someone uses our bathroom I go and clean it afterwards
Things I do when I go out:
- after been to the loo in a public place, I keep in my hands the paper towel I dried my hands with, and I use it to open the exit door (you have no idea how many people go to the loo and don’t wash their hands!)
- I wipe my laptop keyboard if someone uses it
- I wipe the seat with disinfectant gel when I use a public loo (for my daughter as well, I actually made her cry few times when accidentally she touched the loo and I screamed “DOOOONT!”)
- at the supermarket I wipe the bar of the trolley before touching it (especially if my daughter is with me and sits in there)
- I give bad looks to people who comb their hair in public places, yucky it’s grosss!!
- when someone sneezes I kindly “offer a squeeze” of disinfectant gel (which I always have in my bag) as they could potentially be touching stuff that I subsequently could touch, yuck!
- definitely wash my hands or disinfect them if I touch money
- when we dine out I refrain from touching the oil bottle, ketchup bottle (or any other bottle on the table) as in case I use my hands to eat some chips for example, I cannot stop thinking of how many germs I can get from people who touched the same bottle with dirty hands!
Not too bad right? Right…!?!??